BackgroundI am working in Eclpise (Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)) in an team environment using SVN and Maven. I am new to this environment and I am stumbling every now an then over errors.
One of the first appeared when I tried to check out one of our team's projects from the SVN server by using:
- "File" -> "New" -> "Other..." -> "Maven" -> "Check out Maven Projects from SCN", or
- "SVN Repository Exploring" Perspective: Right click on Project -> "Check out as Maven Project..."
In both of the cases I got an error:
'Checking out Maven projects' has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during: "Checking out Maven projects"
An internal error occurred during: "Checking out Maven projects".
SolutionA hint of my colleague solved this (cudos!):
- Do NOT check out as Maven Project (e.g. in "File" dialog, BUT
- use SVN Repository Exploring perspective and
- then use normal "Check out" to check out your project, then
- change to Java perspective,
- then right click on your checked out project and
- choose "Configure" -> "Convert to Maven Project"
Hope than helps - keep on geekin'